I LOVE SAN FRANCISCO: Biodiversity Isn’t Just For Rainforests
a Fundraiser/ART CONTEST for the San Francisco League of Conservation Voters
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 20, 2011 at 50 Mason Social House
San Francisco is a wonderful combination of of urban and natural beauty which we love. Help us celebrate life in our favorite city by joining the San Francisco League of Conservation Voters on THURSDAY OCTOBER 20th at the 50 Mason Social Club for our latest “I Love San Francisco” Art Contest & Fundraiser.
Did you know that we in San Francisco live in the middle of a Biodiversity Hotspot? To highlight the fact that San Francisco ITSELF is in one of a handful of regions critical to protecting global biodiversity, the theme will be “Biodiversity Isn’t Just For Rainforests.”
In addition to the art contest (which you’ll help judge!), there will be light appetizers and drinks, and of course local environmental activists and politicians. Join us & support our work!
WHAT: I LOVE SF Art Contest/Fundraiser for the San Francisco League of Conservation Voters
WHEN: THURSDAY, OCTOBER 20th, 2011 – 7 to 10PM
HOW MUCH: $10-$25 Sliding Scale OR BECOME A SPONSOR (free admission)
WHERE: 50 Mason Social House (50 Mason St at Market Street in SF)
WHO: You, the SFLCV Board, and many others!
BE A SPONSOR: Please consider sponsoring our fundraiser at the Street Steward ($100), Neighborhood Protector ($250), or City Champion levels ($500). Sponsors will be publicly thanked at the event & will be admitted free (+1).
- Any art, or writing or poetry that celebrates San Francisco, especially its biodiversity
- All art will remain the property of the artists & will be returned to them after the event. Their may be an opportunity to leave it on display at the gallery (details soon.)
- All contestants must inform the SFLCV of their INTENT to enter by FRIDAY, OCTOBER 7th at noon, via email or phone (info AT sflcv DOT org)
- All contest entries must be submitted to an SFLCV Board Member by SUNDAY, OCTOBER 16th.
- There must be at least 5 contestants for the contest to occur. If there are less than 5 contestants by the Friday, October 7th deadline, there will be no contest & no prize will be awarded.
- Any contest entry must be displayable or presentable at the fundraiser event on THURSDAY, OCTOBER 20th
- The prize will be an 8GB Apple iPod Touch awarded at the fundraiser. Depending on the number of entries and the number of attendees, there may be additional prizes & the contest may be broken into multiple categories.
- For more details fee free to email the SFLCV for more info (info AT sflcv DOT org)
ABOUT THE SFLCV:
The San Francisco League of Conservation Voters is where the environmental movement meets local politics.
Our mission is to promote environmental protection through active participation in the San Francisco political system and to enhance the integrity of that political system for all San Franciscans. As such, we promote conservation and protection of natural resources, environmental justice, and sustainability, as well as good government issues and political reforms.
Our primary means for achieving these goals are: Supporting legislation and candidates that promote our goals; Informing the voting public about such legislation and candidates. Lobbying public officials on behalf of such legislation; Creating such legislation itself.